I’m sure everyone knows some of the common dangers or side effects of mold. Having a mold infestation is so worrisome because it causes so much damage during the period of time we may not even have a clue that it is present. So how do we know if our residential or commercial property has become exposed or is at risk of cultivating mold? Let’s discuss some of the indicators you may encounter when there is mold in your property.
A pretty strong indication that you may have an issue with mold damage has sort of a smell. If you can’t seem to get rid of this odor no matter how many candles you light or how much you scrub, it may be time to have a professional inspect your home for mold.
It’s safe to say that if you see mold in your home or business, then you most certainly have a mold infestation! Did you know there are other visible signs that may tip you off as well? For example- if you see previous visible signs of water damage such as discoloration of your walls or building materials, peeling paint, warped floors, or a combination of these things, it is likely that there may be mold lurking within these damaged areas.
High Humidity & Moisture
High humidity is more of a cause of mold rather than an indicator. Mold requires a consistently damp environment to thrive so having higher than normal humidity can encourage its growth. The ideal humidity within your residential or commercial building is 30-50%. Being constantly exposed to higher levels of humidity can also have adverse effects on your health regardless if there is mold present or not, so it is definitely something you should consider getting a handle on. Indications of high humidity include fog on your windows, damp spots on your ceiling and walls, and any of the common signs of water damage.
Adverse Health Effects
Mold can have extreme effects on our health and wellbeing. If you find that you are consistently under the weather and have no logical explanation as to why, you may find that mold is affecting you physically. There is a vast range of possible symptoms from mold exposure, in some extreme or prolonged cases mold has even been fatal, but more commonly these symptoms can include:
- Allergy symptoms
- Respiratory issues and worsened asthma symptoms
- Frequent headaches
- Sinus infections
- Cold and Flu-like symptoms
- Weakened immune system
- Brain fog
- Skin rashes and irritation
If you suspect there may be mold in your commercial or residential property, it may be worth your while to get your property inspected. It is never a good idea to leave mold damage untreated, as prolonged exposure can affect you physically and slowly eat away at the structural integrity of your home or business. ITD Restoration can assist you with meticulous attention to detail so we can find the source of the mold and get rid of it for good. We understand that mold damage can pop up when you least expect it to, so we offer 24/7 emergency service- (866) 219-9059.